With more than 20 years of creation and functioning, Fundación Jocotoco offers the opportunity to be part on the protection of ecosystems with unique endangered species worldwide.
Our program not only helps to protect the ecosystem of Ecuador, it also offers the opportunity to become conservation heroes through reforestation, research, community development, and environmental education in a safe environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND WORK SCHEDULES
- Between 18 and 50 years of age.
- Very motivated, great interest in the conservation of wildlife.
- Responsible, hardworker.
- Good physical and mental state (high physical demand for hilly virgin landscape).
- Feel at ease residing in remote locations with limited communication.
Passport and Visas
At least 6 months of validity from the date of the trip. The following countries require a tourism visa to enter Ecuador: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cuba, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal and Somalia. For the rest of nationalities, you can use your passport to enter the country for 3 months. If you intend to volunteer with us for more than 3 months, we will help you with the visa arrangements.
Spanish is Ecuador's official language. Even though our staff in the reserves are currently learning English, it can be very basic. Therefore, Spanish is not mandatory but it can be useful.
Monday to Saturday (6 hours daily)
For volunteers who work for 24 days, there will be 6 free days to travel outside of the reserves.
CONTRIBUTION FOR THE PROGRAM
There are two fees that need to be covered: application fee and program fee.
Application fee: A 40$ nonrefundable payment for documentation, transactions, copies, and others. The location of the volunteering program will not be confirmed until this fee is fully covered.
Program fee: This program is ideally designed for one month. However, those who have limited time can take programs as short as one week. For programs longer than 45 days we offer special discounts.
|Program||7 days||12 days||18 days||24 days|
|$ 360||$ 540||$ 720|
- Fill out the Application Form and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will contact you immediately to schedule a Skype or whatsapp video call.
- We will send you the payment format to book the program via paypal or bank transfer.
- Send the digital copy of your passport, digital copy of accident insurance, and flight itinerary to email@example.com.
- Assist to the coaching session in Quito where the agreement will be signed and the welcome kit will be given.
- Travel to the reserve and enjoy the Jocotoco experience!
- At the completion of the program, we will send you a satisfaction survey to know your opinion. Your feedback can help us improve!
- We will send you the digital certificate of having completed the program.
- Comment on our website and follow our social media.
In case you require further information or want to comment, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers Pamela Arias